11 Unconventional Tips for Improving your Programming Skills
2014, Aug 13
This is just a repost of an interesting article I found today and I think it’s worth sharing.
TL;DR (for all the lazy people out there, me included):
1. Eat Well, Sleep a Lot, and Stay Hydrated!
2. Take Periodic Breaks, and Get Increased Productivity
3. Learn How to Pump Yourself Up for Work
4. Don’t Work More than Eight Hours Per Day
5. Stop And Think About What You’re Doing
6. Get Good at Writing Documentation
7. Get Good at Taking Notes and Writing Down Your Ideas
8. Know When to Take Shortcuts
9. Know When to Clean Up Your Code
10. Get Really, Really Good at Debugging
11. Learn to Predict Bugs Before They Appear